This product is an evaporative cooling water additive. POWDER DESCALER will remove stubborn mineral deposits in the water storage system, pumps, water nozzles, spray deflector, evaporative cooling pads and drains.
This product is concentrated enough to handle all mineral soils in fresh water and still pull mineral deposits off surfaces. This product is free rinsing with even moderate water flow water. POWDER DESCALER contains citric acid, a buffer and quaternary ammonium chloride.
This product also contains low-foam wetting agents to improve cleaning and rinsing efficacy in a variety of conditions. POWDER DESCALER is designed for use with evaporative cooling pads and other specialty pads designed for evaporative cooling. It does not contain any nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs) or phosphates. It is better for the environment and is subject to fewer regulatory restrictions than NPE or phosphate containing products. This product will work in hard or soft water.
1. Gently brush dirt and other debris off dry pads
2. Flush systems with water, check for proper flow and fix leaks
3. Clear all plugged headers
4. Circulate at a 0.5% (by weight) solution of POWDER DESCALER for one week
5. Dump the entire contents of the reservoir system and rinse away any sediment.