Hog Slat offers a complete line of sow feeding equipment solutions you can rely on to keep your sows regularly fed and in top condition. Our Sow Drop and Center Drop feeders allow you to have precise ration control during gestation in stall and group sow housing. Our SowMAX ad-lib feeder offers a reliable, simple way to keep fresh feed available for farrowing and lactating sows; improving intake, milk production and body condition while minimizing feed waste.
SowMAX ad-lib feeder, shown mounted with a size small Hog Slat sow bowl and optional blue feed hopper (bowl & hopper sold separately)
SowMAX Ad-lib Feeder
The SowMAX ad-lib feeder is designed to provide 24/7 access to fresh feed for your breeding herd. Keep the dispenser full and sows will have fresh feed available on weekends, holidays and at night during hot weather. SowMAX eliminates the guess work involved with traditional hand feeding and minimizes waste; improving the bottom line of your operation and increasing quality feed consumption, milk production and average litter weights at weaning.
- The SowMAX reduces feed waste because sows activate the trigger mechanism when they are hungry, dropping fresh feed into the bowl exactly when they’re ready to eat. This decreases wasted feed because the feed that is dispensed gets eaten, not stale and dumped out the next day.
- The unique design of the SowMAX feeder protects feed at the distribution point, preventing spraying water from wetting the feed and causing clogs. An adjustable lever allows fine tuning of the dispense amounts to customize feeder settings according to individual sow behavior.
- An optional extension hopper increases total capacity to 20.5 pounds, making the SowMAX suitable for filling by hand, or with a drop tube from overhead feed line systems.
- The 100% stainless steel construction has no plastic or nylon parts to wear out.
- Pre-punched mounting holes on the SowMAX edges make it easy to install on existing head gates. The SowMAX doesn’t need to be removed or disassembled when rooms are cleaned out.
GrowerSELECT Sow Drops
GrowerSELECT Sow Drops give you the control needed to individually and accurately feed your breeding herd. Adjustable fill levels mean savings on labor and less feed waste so that sows can maintain top body condition and achieve maximum performance from their genetics.
GrowerSELECT Sow Drop feeders allow producers to precisely adjust feed amounts. Available in 8 pound (left) and 12 pound (right) capacities.
- Three 12 pound capacity models to fit M55/236 (55mm or 60mm chain disk pipe), M70 and M90 sized auger pipes. An 8 pound capacity model is available to fit M55/236 (55mm or 60mm chain disk pipe) feed lines.
- A molded UV stable polypropylene body resists damage from sunlight, cold temperatures and exposure to corrosive environments. Translucent body provides quick visual confirmation of contents.
- The open top design allows the feeder to be directly installed on feed lines without any disassembly and a large side plug provides easy access to the inside of the feeder.
- The one-piece feed drop control ball is constructed of high density plastic that doesn’t require filler weight. A long lasting stainless steel cable activates the ball and can be replaced without requiring disassembly of the ball. A replaceable Delrin® wear grommet protects the feeder body from cable wear when activated by lever or automatic actuator.
- Each feeder includes a shut-off slide on the top that can prevent the feeder from filling if needed. The adjustable feed level slide features fade resistant stamped lettering so each feeder can be accurately adjusted even after years of wear and exposure to production environments.
- Sow Drop Control Unit: Our 12 pound capacity 230V Sow Drop control unit features a Proxy Plus sensor to control automated feed lines and ensure all open feeders in the line get filled. Compatible with GrowerSELECT or existing drop feed systems.
GrowerSELECT Center Drop
The GrowerSELECT Center Drop sow feeder is an 8 pound capacity drop feeder designed to mount directly under the feed line. The balanced design keeps the feeder hanging straight for reliable, trouble-free operation. A clear body provides quick visual confirmation that feed has been dispensed.
Universal Drop Tubes
GrowerSELECT universal drop tubes provide a smooth transition between drop feeders and feed pipes. The flared top allows the tube to be nestled closely to the feeder. An adjustment collar makes it simple to fit the 21” long tube correctly in various feeder pipe layouts. The blue collar tube fits 2” feed pipes, and the white collar tube fits 3” feed pipes.
Sow Bowl Farrowing Feeders
Hog Slat sow bowl farrowing feeders are constructed from 16 gauge 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and long life. Feeders are available in large and small sizes to fit various farrowing crate head gates. The rounded bottom design facilitates eating and is easier to clean. The tip-out design makes it easy to clean out stale feed by removing the top rod and leaning the feeder into the alley.
Gestation Feed Troughs
Hog Slat manufactures multiple styles of 304 stainless steel feed trough sections for gestation barn feeding. Feed trough sections are 8 feet long with pre-punched mounting holes every 24 inches on-center, and are designed to be welded together in the field to create total needed length. End caps are available in different styles to complete feed trough layouts.
Hog Slat stainless steel gestation trough is quick and easy to install. Single trough, double bolt-down shown installed in a stanchion feeding layout.
- Preferred for remodeling existing barns because they’re easy to move and quick to install
- Stainless steel troughs last longer than concrete or composite plastic troughs
- Multiple trough styles provide solutions for various feeding layout designs in existing and new facilities
Single Trough, Single Bolt-Down Edge
Single edge bolt-down trough is used in stall or stanchion gestation feeding layouts when you want to pour a raised concrete alley. The single flanged edge is secured to the flooring and concrete is poured to the raised edge.
Single Trough, Double Bolt-Down Edge
Double edge bolt-down trough is used in stall or stanchion gestation feeding layouts where both sides of the trough need to be secured to flush level flooring.
Double Trough, Double Bolt-Down Edge
Double trough with double bolt-down edges is used in head to head stanchion gestation feeding layouts.
Stainless Steel End Caps
Different models of end caps are available for each style of gestation feed trough. A solid end cap is available to totally enclose the end of a trough. An end cap with a 2” drain nipple is also available to allow simple flushing and cleaning. The double trough drain end cap comes with a nipple installed for each side of the trough.
Hog Slat Heavy Duty Chore Cart
The Hog Slat Chore Cart makes quick and easy work of hauling feed or supplies through your pig barns.
The Hog Slat chore cart is built using an extra thick plastic tub with smooth sloping sides and a heavy duty powder coated steel frame. The chore cart is the perfect solution to quickly and easily transport feed or supplies in swine buildings.
- Smooth texture and rounded design make it easy to scoop feed, wash and sanitize.
- Rugged tubular frame balances the cart so that it is easy to maneuver when loaded or lifted.
- Large 16” solid core wheels easily negotiate curbs and unlevel surfaces. Rear caster wheels spin 360 degrees to help make tight turns.
- 240 pound capacity holds plenty of feed or supplies to help accomplish tasks quicker.