The GrowerSELECT HS583E Series curtain machines offer innovative features and dependable strength you can rely on to accurately control ventilation curtains, air inlets and tunnel door systems. Available in 24”, 36” and 48” length models with your choice of chain and sprocket or cable drive options. Acetal plastic load nut and guide blocks minimize friction issues, resulting in consistently smooth operation.
Our aluminum load block rides on a durable acetal load nut that provides superior wear resistance while decreasing friction and minimizing issues common with traditional metal/nylon drive blocks. Acetal guide blocks are also attached to the load block and ride against both cabinet sides to stabilize the screw shaft and provide consistent alignment during operation.
- Acetal is the strongest non-reinforced plastic available to replace metal bushings
- Acetal load nuts provide less friction on dry steel than nylon or a properly greased brass option
- Acetal plastic bearings are easily replaced when wear eventually occurs
Three sealed ball-bearing head pulleys mounted at the top of the machine provide multiple mounting options to fit a variety of control needs in poultry and swine buildings. The farm-duty ACME screw efficiently transfers power to the load block and optional chain and sprocket drive eliminates cable breakage. Multiple motor options reliably meet the needs of any operation.
Localized controls are conveniently located next to the protective water-resistant electrical connection enclosure.
- Sprocket models feature a 13-tooth sprocket wheel and a 50-5/8” sprocket chain
- Four set screws on the load block allow quick cable connections
- 24”, 36” and 48” length options fit in a variety of wall and ceiling locations
- Available in 120V or 240V motors with 15, 30 and 60 RPM capabilities
Local controls mounted in the cabinet allow for quick manual adjustments of the screw and limit switch positions while standing at the machine. Dual limit switches are backed up with secondary safety lock-out switches. A water resistant electrical enclosure protects all electrical switches and connections from moisture and corrosive environments
- Quickly and easily manually adjust curtain and vent positions using the local controls
- Backup secondary limit switches “lock-out” the machine when triggered until manually reset to prevent expensive equipment damage
- All machines include an auxiliary switch that can be used to control certain fans during operation of curtains or vents to reduce strain on machine
The front cover is completely removable providing complete access to the inside of the machine. The easy to hang cabinet is constructed with precision cut outs and swivel points that allow the ACME screw and load block assembly to be easily removed. The superior performance of an acetal load nut offers peace of mind if maintenance tasks fall behind during busy times of the year.